VTT - Incontournable
The Plön Castle sits enthroned on the shore of the Großer Plöner See in Ostholstein and was built between 1633 and 1636 in the middle of the Thirty Years' War. The three-winged building is considered an architectural example of the stylistic mixture of Baroque and Renaissance. Until 1761, Plön Castle served as a residence for the dukes of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Plön, before it became the property of the Danish royal family and from then on became the summer residence of Christian VIII of Denmark. Under his rule, the castle was given its characteristic white paint. During the imperial period, the conversion to the Prussian cadet institution took place in 1868. A prince's school was opened in the adjacent garden palace, in which all six sons of Kaiser Wilhelm II were taught until 1910.
15 mars 2020
Une info ? Connectez-vous pour ajouter un avis !