Randonnée - Incontournable
The historical nucleus was that which is now overgrown by trees
Moth from Carolingian times. This moth Tüschenbroich
(Ground monument on an island in the middle of the castle pond)
was built in the 9th century as a fortification and moated castle
built with a fortified hill and first mentioned in 1172
as Thuschinbroc. The buildings are in the Thirty Years War
Tüschenbroich belonged to Wassenberg and later
to the Duchy of Jülich.
In 1624 Franz von Spiering bought Tüschenbroich, which had been destroyed in the war
for the price of 24,200 Reichstaler. He left the facility as a
Rebuild the moated castle on the "mainland", whereby
the former outer bailey to the main castle than 35 meters
long brick building with tower was rebuilt.
The renovation work dragged on until the 18th century.
Only one tower remains from the older outer bailey.
Renovation work followed again in 1876
the castle was badly damaged after a storm.
30 décembre 2019
The new TÜSCHENBROICH CASTLE in the district of the same name in the town of Wegberg was built in 1630 from the former outer bailey of a moated castle on site. This apparently resulted from the new construction of a former moth hill.
In the immediate vicinity there are a grain and an oil mill.lowland Motte
In the middle of the pond of the Tüschenbroich castle, the Kahnweiher, lies the lowland moth with remains of the old castle walls. It is 70 meters in diameter and 10 meters high. In 1172 an Alard von Tüschenbroich is mentioned as Gladbacher Ministeriale. It is still unclear whether it is related to our Tüschenbroich. Tüschenbroich was formerly under the control of Wassenberg and belonged to the Duchy of Jülich. In 1624 the old castle burned down on the moth.Tüschenbroich castle
The new castle was built on the site of the former outer bailey, of which only one wing remains today. The north tower has been completely preserved, the south tower as a ruin. The castle was built in 1630 by Count Franz von Spiering. His descendants sold the entire site to Hermann Josef Gormanns, a notary from Erkelenz. The former farm building was converted into a residential wing after the main house collapsed (1876). The Lord of Tüschenbroich had the wood power op Meynweyde with 1 voeder wood (1633).
27 décembre 2019
Une info ? Connectez-vous pour ajouter un avis !
Nos suggestions se basent sur des milliers d'activités réalisées par nos utilisateurs komoot.