Découvrir

Burgruine Epprechtstein

Burgruine Epprechtstein

Randonnée - Incontournable

Créé par des utilisateurs komoot
Recommandé par 284 sur 290 randonneurs

À savoir

  • Söhni 🏃

    The Epprechtstein with its ruined castle is the church Lamitzer local mountain. From the viewing platform on the 798 m high summit, you have a wonderful view of the surrounding Fichtelgebirge. The Grosse Kornberg is located to the east, the Ksseine summit to the south and the Grosse Waldstein to the west. There are 14 quarries around the summit area. The Epprechtstein granite is quarried in three quarries, the others have been shut down and partially renovated.

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 23 février 2020

  • Wolly

    The castle Epprechtstein is the ruin of a summit castle on the eponymous 782.1 m above sea level. NN high mountain Epprechtstein, which rises above the village Kirchenlamitz in the district of Wunsiedel in Fichtelgebirge.
    The once proud and mighty Fichtelgebirgsburg Epprechtstein experienced about 530 years ago, thanks to the building activity of the burgrave Heinrich von Meissen spatially largest extent. Documented for the first time on 15 June 1248 in a deed of the Andechs-Meranier. They were built in place of a possibly existing wooden control room of the Counts of Vohburg around the years 1150/1180. Her name comes from her builder, a certain Eckprecht who built his house on a stone, so on a mountain. From now on, he and his descendants call themselves de Eckebretsteine.
    After about 100 years, in 1248, the Andechs-Meranier die with Otto VIII. The governors of Weida, who were previously servants of the Meranians, enter into their rights. They too are represented here by servants who come from the Vogtland ministry family of Sack. Their task is both in the administration of the rule Epprechtstein, as well as in protecting against traveling merchants on the streets against robbers. Because of permanent lack of money, especially around 1347, the protection of these people is so great that they are released only for ransom. The Epprechtsteiner thus become highwaymen, their castle becomes a robber baron castle.
    In the same year, King Charles IV issued an edict from Prague, according to which it is possible to take action against such robbery locks, from which the Reich road is damaged, taken and kept as a fief. The burgraves of Nuremberg, which sit on the Plassenburg since 1340, Kulmbach, Bayreuth, Berneck, Hof, Hohenberg, Wunsiedel and since 1248 also own Weißenstadt, try anyway at this time to expand their territory in the Fichtelgebirge.
    The royal invitation comes in handy when, in 1352, a rich citizen of Regensburg was taken into custody on Epprechtstein and given an unprecedentedly high ransom demand. After fruitless negotiations, the burgraves take possession of Heinrich von Kotzau in the last days of June 1352 without defending the castle Epprechtstein and do not give them out anymore. Already on the 6th of July the royal feudal letter follows from Prague again. But to be on the safe side, the burgraves buy the castle from the defeated by more than 3300 lb Heller. By the year 1415, the burgraves systematically acquire the entire Fichtelgebirge exclusively through purchase and divide it into five, later six Amtshauptmannschaften. This is how the Six Offices are created.
    Because of their costly purchasing policy but also the Burggrafen, since margraves in 1415, in constant financial difficulties and serve them the castle Epprechtstein and the office Kirchenlamitz for a long time as a barter and pledge object. Finally pledged Margrave Albrecht Achilles, as he is at war with Bavaria, 1463 the Office Epprechtstein-Kirchenlamitz for 2000 guilders to the burgrave Heinrich von Meissen. This can immediately carry out construction work on the Epprechtstein.
    For example, at that time, e.g. the existing main building (Palas) in its present form emerged from a smaller building. After five years at the latest, however, the Margraves, albeit against energetic resistance from the Meissner, are once again in possession of the castle. This was now completed structurally, but is no longer needed. The administration of the office Kirchenlamitz happens for some time from the city palace.
    In the 2nd Markgräflerkrieg 1553 the castle Epprechtstein is burned down. It is the same cruel war that arose out of a religious war in which the Plass castle was destroyed and the court besieged. In general, 170 villages and 90 castles are completely devastated during this time in Franconia. From now on the castle will remain in ruins.

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 24 juin 2015

  • Timber

    From here begins the ascent to the castle ruins which is located at 781,1m above sea level above Kirchenlamitz. In a deed of donation of Duke Otto II of Merania, Eberhardus de Eckebretsteine was first mentioned in documents in 1248. In 1352, the burgraves of Nuremberg stormed the robber's castle. In the 16th century, the castle was destroyed by troops of the bailiff Heinrich von Plauen and fell into disrepair.

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 4 mai 2019

  • Melanie

    After the strenuous ascent to the castle you can make a nice rest (benches and a table are available) and enjoy the great all-round view of the Fichtelgebirge on the viewing platform. The path to the castle can be reached via steps (made of stones) - a railing is here only partially available (a little bit sure-footedness is therefore absolutely necessary).

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 18 août 2018

  • Zieselwiesel

    Starting point is the trail parking lot at the information center Buchhaus. The trail around the castle ruins is definitely worth it. In good weather, a great view.

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 21 août 2019

  • Alex 👩‍🦰 & Emma 🐕 Oberfranken

    The Epprechtstein, always a great destination, whether for a short lap or hiking, there is a suitable route for everyone. At the top of the castle you have a fantastic all-round view of Franconia.

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 19 mai 2020

  • Klausi

    The climb is always worthwhile.

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 31 août 2020

  • Timber

    Great scenery and always worth imposing ruin with great views from the lookout tower

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 31 décembre 2018

  • Harald Schramm (Schocker)

    Excellent view of the Fichtelgebirge.

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 30 septembre 2018

  • HINTERINDIEN_DE

    The ruin Epprechtstein in the Fichtelgebirge is THE highlight of the HINTERINDIEN.DE tour No. 1

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 25 juin 2020

  • Harald Schramm (Schocker)

    In a deed of donation from Duke Otto II of Meranien, an "Eberhardus de Eckebretsteine" was first mentioned in 1248. In 1308 King Heinrich VII enfeoffed the brothers Ulrich, Heinrich and Nickel, the sacks, with the fortress Epprechtstein, which von Wild became co-owners. In 1337, Emperor Ludwig the Bavarian enfeoffed Vogt Heinrich von Plauen with a small part of the fortress. In 1352 the burgraves of Nuremberg stormed the "robbery castle", after which they received it as a fief. In 1355/1356 they came into the entire possession of the castle, the office and Kirchenlamitz through purchase. The castle tower was part of the maintenance order of 1498. 200 years later, the castle was destroyed by the troops of Vogts Heinrich von Plauen and fell into disrepair.
    Source and further information
    de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epprechtstein

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 14 novembre 2020

  • Harald Schramm (Schocker)

    In a deed of donation from Duke Otto II of Meranien, an "Eberhardus de Eckebretsteine" was first mentioned in 1248. In 1308 King Heinrich VII enfeoffed the brothers Ulrich, Heinrich and Nickel, the sacks, with the fortress Epprechtstein, which von Wild became co-owners. In 1337, Emperor Ludwig the Bavarian enfeoffed Vogt Heinrich von Plauen with a small part of the fortress. In 1352 the burgraves of Nuremberg stormed the "robbery castle", after which they received it as a fief. In 1355/1356 they came into the entire possession of the castle, the office and Kirchenlamitz through purchase. The castle tower was part of the maintenance order of 1498. 200 years later, the castle was destroyed by the troops of Vogts Heinrich von Plauen and fell into disrepair.
    Source and further information
    de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epprechtstein

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 11 décembre 2020

  • Jan

    Easy to get to and very well signposted. The view was simply magnificent.

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 12 mai 2020

  • Fuchsmädchen 🦊

    Mad castle! Beautiful! Great view, seating, trash can. The castle is also illuminated at night.

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 18 mai 2020

  • Gregor Hilger

    The viewing platform at 798 m offers a wonderful all-round view. There is also a legend about the area.

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 20 octobre 2020

  • Alex 👩‍🦰 & Emma 🐕 Oberfranken

    A wonderful all-round view of Upper Franconia. In the castle there are benches with a table for a rest. Always worth a visit

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 14 novembre 2020

  • Zieselwiesel

    Not only the ruins are worthwhile, but also the hiking trail all around. Numerous former quarries are shown well and clearly.

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 15 novembre 2020

  • Armin Bock©️

    Very beautiful ruin with a perfect all-round view.

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 21 novembre 2020

  • Armin Bock©️

    Wonderful castle with a very nice view

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 12 décembre 2020

  • Christian

    The wooden viewing platform with an excellent all-round view of the peaks of the Fichtelgebirge is also popularly known as the "crow's nest".

    Traduit avecTexte d'origine
    • 7 janvier 2021

Une info ? Connectez-vous pour ajouter un avis !

Meilleures randonnées jusqu'à ‘Burgruine Epprechtstein’

Nos suggestions se basent sur des milliers d'activités réalisées par nos utilisateurs komoot.

Position:Kirchenlamitz, Wunsiedel im Fichtelgebirge, Haute-Franconie, Bavière, Allemagne

Informations

  • Élévation840 m

Pics d'affluence

  • Jan
  • Fév
  • Mar
  • Avr
  • Mai
  • Jun
  • Juil
  • Aoû
  • Sep
  • Oct
  • Nov
  • Déc

Prévisions - Kirchenlamitz

Découvrir

Burgruine Epprechtstein