Senior Marketing Manager - DACH
Love getting your nose deep in marketing strategies, and using your experience to devise tactics for the German, Austrian and Swiss markets which support your strategies? We’re looking for a regional marketing manager to work with our PR pro Fiola, and Isabel and Saskia, our Community Managers for the DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) region. You’ll get the chance to lead the regional strategy for the local outdoor industry, and experiment to your heart’s content with tactics that’ll be implemented by our in-house team as well as agencies on the ground.
More than 16 Million people already experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. Germany, Austria and Switzerland are our core markets with more than 10 million cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts using komoot here already. We want to build on this success, continue our growth and strengthen our brand in all segments of the outdoor market.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager who’ll take responsibility for our strategy and own all segments of the German, Austrian and Swiss outdoor market. Join our fully remote team of 70 people and change the way people explore.
At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone... and welcome all prospective applicants.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Develop a marketing plan to drive brand awareness, user growth and engagement in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Team up with our PR Manager and three Community Managers to implement a multi channel marketing strategy
- Work with local agencies to run marketing campaigns across various segments
- Identify and negotiate key partnerships to drive growth in you market
- Monitor trends and assess the performance of your market
- Ensure alignment with our global brand and marketing initiatives
Why you will love it
- You’ll take full responsibility for the strategy in two fast growing markets
- Your work will inspire cyclists and hikers to have great outdoor experiences
- You’ll work in an agile team where you can act flexibly and test new marketing tactics
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a lake, the mountains, your house, a co - working space of your choice, or anywhere else in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 7+ years of experience in digital marketing for a consumer company
- Have a deep understanding of the outdoor and cycling markets in these regions
- Have experience leading and managing a team
- Have already had strategic responsibility and developed marketing plans
- Have run brand and performance campaigns in various digital and analog channels
- Bonus: Have managed the collaboration with marketing and PR agencies
- Bonus: Have experience in business development
- Have strong analytical skills and the capacity to take data-informed decisions
- Have strong communication skills, a hands-on attitude and are highly self-driven
- Speak German at a native level
Sound like you?
We want to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your relevant experience.
- A little note on why you are interested in working at komoot.
- Relevant examples of your work (see application form).
- Something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Vimeo, Instagram account or your blog.
- We love it when people go the extra mile, so you’ll get bonus points for doing something creative with komoot.
Change the Way People Explore
Everybody at komoot is working towards this vision and we design our company to put as little as possible between you and bringing this vision to life.
Create With Purpose
Today, millions of people explore nature with our apps. Their experiences are what drives us and makes us smile everyday.
Work Wherever You Thrive
Our headquarter is located in Potsdam at a lake, but our team works all over Europe. Bavarian mountains? Canary Islands? A little house at a lake? Booming Berlin?
Work With People You Actually Want To Work WithWorking At Komoot