Senior Software Quality Assurance
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times — and, with more than 15 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews, komoot is on its way to becoming one of the most popular cycling and hiking apps. Users love our high-quality product and our high app store ratings confirm this. But we’re not stopping here. We are looking for a passionate senior software quality assurance specialist to join our fully remote team.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Assure a high-quality user experience for komoot’s apps and website by doing manual, automated and real-world outdoor use case testing
- Team up with Pedro and Thomas to define and scale QA processes, enabling high-quality feature delivery in fast development cycles
- Work with our cross-functional squads of developers, designers, copywriters, data scientists, and product experts to raise the quality standards of our features
- Keep an overview of bug reports and prioritize them in collaboration with our product, development and support teams
Why you will love it
- You’ll work on an award-winning, global product where you’ll tangibly improve the user experience for millions of people
- You’ll work from wherever you want as long as it’s in a timezone between UTC-1 and UTC+3, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, or a co-working space of your choice, covered by us
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated, talented people
- You’ll work closely with developers, designers and product managers to improve and streamline testing processes and tools
- You’ll feel challenged to continuously learn and excel in your domain
- You’ll travel together with our team (when safe & legal) to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
- You’ll improve a service that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your personal outdoor adventures
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible, reliable and keen to learn and improve
- Have proven experience providing quality assurance for high-quality mobile and web apps (5+ years).
- Love to understand every detail of a product and improve it for great user experience by manually testing it in real-world use cases
- Know how to speed up release cycles by writing automated UI tests using Selenium and Appium (JAVA preferred)
- Understand that perfection is impossible but set it as the goal anyway
- Have strong organizational and analytical skills
- Are a great communicator in a diverse international and fully remote team
Sound like you?
We want to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account or your blog.
Change the Way People Explore
Everybody at komoot is working towards this vision and we design our company to put as little as possible between you and bringing this vision to life.
Create With Purpose
Today, millions of people explore nature with our apps. Their experiences are what drives us and makes us smile everyday.
Work Wherever You Thrive
Our headquarter is located in Potsdam at a lake, but our team works all over Europe. Bavarian mountains? Canary Islands? A little house at a lake? Booming Berlin?
Work With People You Actually Want To Work WithWorking At Komoot