Managing Editor - Sponsored Collections
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times—and, with more than 16 million users and more than 100,000 five-star reviews - komoot is on its way to become one of the most popular cycling and hiking apps. We are now looking for a Managing Editor who will be in charge of our “Sponsored collections” content creation and delivery. We would love to hear from you if you are an outdoors sports fanatic, an exceptional editor with a never-ending positive attitude and ready to make the next career step.
About the role
We are now looking for an additional managing editor for our “Sponsored Collections” content creation and delivery. Are you an exceptional editor with a proven track record of published digital work, some experience of managing a team and possess native-level German language skills? Do you live and breathe the outdoors, have a perpetual positive attitude and are ready to take the next step in your career? Then we would love to hear from you!
At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone... and welcome all prospective applicants.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Manage the full workflow of our Sponsored Collections – from initial brief with our business partners to the final launch online.
- Plan the editorial calendar and coordinate our team of freelance editors to ensure all content is of high quality and delivered on time. You will need to have an overview of multiple projects at all times and be ready to prioritize workflow and/ or shuffle things around if need be.
- Communicate with our external partners, sales and PR team, community managers, as well as other stakeholders throughout the whole process, keeping them informed and taking their feedback onboard while ensuring the content is aligned with our branding and communication/PR strategy.
- Oversee proofreading procedures and edit German and English copy where necessary.
- Take an active interest in today’s digital media landscape, key trends, and challenges - suggest improvements and own your work
Why you will love it
- You’ll work with a truly inspiring product that brings real life value to our users and empowers them to explore more of the great outdoors.
- You’ll have a self-determined job with personal responsibility to move things forward, shape the processes and choose the tools you need to do your best work.
- You’ll join an international and fully remote team spread across the whole of Europe with a common mission - to inspire great adventures, making them accessible to all.
- We are a tech company with little organisational overhead focusing on ownership and responsibility instead of micro management and hierarchies.
- This is a remote role and you are free to work from anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3. Beach? The mountains? Or a co- working space (covered by us)?
- You’ll travel with us (when safe) for team gatherings in amazing locations several times a year. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote. (http://bit.ly/39xtIrn)
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are an experienced editor with a proven track record of producing digital content, are skilled in writing for a specific audience and have a passion for storytelling and publishing.
- Enjoy to plan, coordinate and ensure a flawless execution of tasks for your remote team
- Feel at home in the digital world, are structured, extremely organized, efficient and reliable with great attention to detail.
- Are attentive, patient, a true people person with great communication skills, used to deal with all kinds and seniority levels of internal and external stakeholders and how to prioritize and accommodate all their needs.
- Are motivated to join komoot and have true interest in and knowledge of the outdoors, including hiking, cycling and mountain biking – you are ideally experienced in all of these activities and have even written about them.
- Are already an expert in route planning and using komoot.
- Speak German on a native level with impeccable grammar, punctuation and spelling skills – and you have a high level of English.
- Are ready to advance your career towards a more organizational role, where managerial tasks are focus, while still keeping in touch with writing and editing high-quality material
Sound like you?
We want to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience.
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot.
- The three most relevant examples of your work (you can link these in your CV or attach with your application).
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one.
Change the Way People Explore
Everybody at komoot is working towards this vision and we design our company to put as little as possible between you and bringing this vision to life.
Create With Purpose
Today, millions of people explore nature with our apps. Their experiences are what drives us and makes us smile everyday.
Work Wherever You Thrive
Our headquarter is located in Potsdam at a lake, but our team works all over Europe. Bavarian mountains? Canary Islands? A little house at a lake? Booming Berlin?
Work With People You Actually Want To Work WithWorking At Komoot